Saturday, October 14, 2006

Unstoppable

Well tonight is the night. At long last! I'm looking forward to these fights and the two main events will be electric, I can just feel it.

I think Rich Franklin will retain the belt but Spider is going to be his most dangerous opponent to date. Spider has fought more big name fighters than the champ has. With wins over Carlos Newton, Jeremy Horn and Hayato Sakurai on his resume his wins over Leben, Lee Murray and Jorge Rivera seem like small print footnotes. Look for Rich to use his footwork to good effect. On Countdown, Spider Silva says it is going to be a chess match. Yet it is and I give the edge to Ace because his knowledge and all round skill makes him so well suited to capitalize on mistakes by his foe. Rich by KO.

The lightweight title bout is a little harder to figure. I see Sherk taking this because he's just too powerful. He was too powerful at 170 and will be even more so now. I like Kenny and he's a tremendous underdog but it seems like he's yet another TUF guy coming on too early. He's looked good to be sure and I see a nice future for him but I don't see him beating Sherk tonight. Sherk by TKO.

I haven't seen Dan Lauzon fight so maybe I should keep my mouth shut but I don't see Spencer Fisher losing. Fisher should be fighting for the title I believe and will be shortly regardless. Spencer's game is beautiful to watch and his all around skill is utterly amazing. Fisher by TKO.

That's all the fights I feel informed enough to call tonight, sorry folks. Then again these three fights promise to be sensational. Damn, I can't wait.

No comments: