Tuesday, October 18, 2005

T.U.F. 2 episode 9

Wow! What a pathetic fight. Rashad vs Mike Whitehead. I really thought this would be something. It stunk though. I don't care if I ever see another Rashad fight. That's the second fight he came out and just stood there. Sure toward the end he got a little aggressive but for the most part he just waved his jab hand around like there was a mosquito bugging him. His striking looked pretty good. He could have been the aggressor and taken control of the fight but he just sat there. I guess he deserves some credit though. Something he does seems to suck the sould right out of his opponents. That's the second guy who just came in and figured the job was done when he showed up.

The saddest thing is that Mike was afraid to get punched in the face. A UFC fighter? Huh? You can see how he just about pissed himself whenever Rashad did throw a punch. Mike would abandon anything he was trying to do if Evans throw leather near his face. What a disgrace. I understand that Whitehead probably got spooked when he couldn't take Rashad down but my god man!

Rashad may have one and showed some skill doing it but I question his heart. He said he was going to leave it all in the ring and he clearly didn't, win or no win. He is scared to be the aggressor and I can't respect that. Sure he's won two fights but they were handed to him more than anything.

No comments: