Monday, October 24, 2005

UFC Unleashed

Babalu looks like a man compared to the boy he was when he got beat by theIceman. I haven't seen any other fights of his but the Liddell fight but Isee he has fought some real warriors. He's supposed to be a great strikerbut he looked as though he wanted to be on the ground as much as Wiuff. Iguess he wanted to show the new Brazilian JJ stuff. His sprawl looked goodenough to stay on his feet were that his desire. His ground game lookedsolid. Ground and pound with some submissions. He could end up being areal gamer since he spent time with Marco Ruas and Rizzo and now is roundingout his game with the Gracie's.

Diaz vs FicketWell, Nick Diaz looks like a trash talker and I personally don't think thereis room in the sport of that and would hate to see that become commonplace.His skills and aggression were good though and he has potential. Ficketlooked overmatched by the scrawny Diaz. I'm not sure who I wanted to seeget his butt kicked more, to be honest so it was a wash in my book. Goodfight by Diaz though.

Quarry vs Carter (?)Another dominant performance by Quarry. I am really looking forward to him fighting Franklin. I don't know about the heavy hands he has bragged aboutbut we'll see. I think it was Shonie Carter he fought in the fight lastnight but I didn't catch the first part so I can't guarantee it. I'm also at work so I can't research it appropriately. Carter is a veteran but never has set the world on fire. Quarry owned him from the get go and looked good. So you got Quarry and Leben coming out of Couture's camp? Wow, nice.

Caro Paresyan vs (hell i can't remember)I was interested to see the Paresyan fight since he's going to be fighting Hughes soon. Caro's of Armenian decent and lives in North Hollywood, CA which I believe is where System of a Down is from, also Armenian. So Caro can keep beating people down while Serj can sing about stopping the violence all while the band continues to make music that is the audio equivalent ofcrack-cocaine, which fuels Paresyan to fight harder and more aggressive which causes Serj to get more passionate about stopping the violence which in turn causes the band to be even more aggressive and brutal which...okay okay i'm done. Anyway it will be interesting to see if Caro can use this Judo throws to neutralize Hughes' strength and takedowns.

No comments: